**Books in green are for sale in our lobby. Ask our receptionists about used copies and our buyback program.
Cat Behavior Books
- Think Like a Cat by Pam Johnson-Bennett
- Starting from Scratch by Pam Johnson-Bennett
- Catification: Designing a Happy and Stylish Home for Your Cat (and You!) by Jackson Galaxy and Kate Benjamin
- Cat Vs. Cat: Keeping Peace When You Have More Than One Cat by Pam Johnson-Bennett
- **The Fastidious Feline: How to Prevent and Treat Litter Box Problems by Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
Books for All Dog Owners
- **The Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson
- The Power of Positive Dog Training by Pat Miller
- Dog Friendly Dog Training by Andrea Arden
- The Other End of the Leash by Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
- Don’t Shoot the Dog by Karen Pryor
- Train Your Dog Like a Pro by Jean Donaldson (includes DVD)
- How to Teach an Old Dog New Tricks by Dr. Ian Dunbar
- How to Behave So Your Dog Behaves by Sophia Yin, DVM, MS
Books on Raising Puppies
- OUR FAVORITE: **Puppy Start Right: Foundation Training for the Companion Dog
by Kenneth M. Martin, DVM and Debbie Martin, RVT, VTS, CPDT-KA, KPA-CTP
- Perfect Puppy in 7 Days: How to Start Your Puppy Off Right
by Sophia Yin, DVM, DACVB
- The Puppy Primer by Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D. and Brenda Scidmore
- Before & After Getting Your Puppy by Dr. Ian Dunbar - This book is available as a FREE pdf on www.dogstardaily.com
Adopting Adolescent & Adult Dogs
- **Love Has No Age Limit: Welcoming an Adopted Dog into Your Home
by Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D. and Karen B. London, Ph.D.
- Successful Dog Adoption by Sue Sternberg
- Do Over Dogs – Give Your Dog a Second Chance for a First Class Life by Pat Miller
Puppies/Dogs & Babies/Kids
- **Living with Kids and Dogs…Without Losing Your Mind by Colleen Pelar, CPDT
- Raising Puppies and Kids Together: A Guide for Parents by Pia Silvani and Lynn Eckhardt (No longer in print, but available as an e-book)
- Happy Kids, Happy Dogs by Barbara Shumannfang
Other Dog Books
- **Way to Go! How to Housetrain a Dog of Any Age by Karen B. London, Ph.D. and Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
- For the Love of a Dog: Understanding Emotion in You and Your Best Friend by Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
- The Dog Whisperer: A Compassionate, Nonviolent Approach to Dog Training by Paul Owens
- Positive Perspectives: Love Your Dog, Train Your Dog by Pat Miller
- Positive Perspectives 2: Know Your Dog, Train Your Dog by Pat Miller
- Canine Body Language: A Photographic Guide by Barbara Aloff
- On Talking Terms with Dogs: Calming Signals by Turid Rugaas
- Play with Your Dog by Pat Miller
- Play Together, Stay Together: Happy and Healthy Play Between People and Dogs by Karen B. London, Ph.D. and Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
- Off-Leash Dog Play: A Complete Guide to Safety and Fun by Robin K. Bennett & Susan Briggs
- Chill Out Fido by Nan Arthur
- Click to Calm: Helping the Aggressive Dog by Emma Parsons
- **Feeling Outnumbered? How to Manage and Enjoy Your Multiple Dog Household by Patricia McConnell & Karen B. London
- **Feisty Fido – Help for the Leash Reactive Dog by Patricia McConnell, Ph.D.
- Fight! A Practical Guide to Dog-Dog Aggression by Jean Donaldson
- Help for Your Fearful Dog: A Step-by-Step Guide to Helping Your Dog Conquer His Fears by Nicole Wilde
- Don’t Leave Me: Step-by-Step Help for Your Dog’s Separation Anxiety by Nicole Wilde